Friday, September 28, 2012

The summer heat has broken, and I am BUSY-BUSY-BUSY!

I am pretty much doing what I can outside, before the winter weather hits!

The new grass is up, and it might not ned watering any onger! I will watch the weather.

DS and I planted 8 peonys in the back yard, and we laid a strip of weed barrier down so that nobody has to keep it weeded. I planted a Barzilla (Yellow), Henry Sass (white), Shawnee Chief (red), Gay Paree ((2-toned pink), Katharine (white), and a pink and a white from a local nursery:I forget those names!

And, in the front yard we planted 2 small peonies called "Merry Sunshine" next to the mail box.

Also, DD burned the dead limbs this week, so now the yard will soon be tidy. She left a couple of charcol logs, which I will get to shortly.

AND, I saw a neater way to fasten weed barrier down with: the local nursery is using heavy metal stakes with washers! So today I bought 25 spikes with washers: soon the wood that I weigh te weed barrier down with will be back on the weed pile!

And, tomorrow we plan on putting the skin on the greenhouse.

BUSY-BUSY-BUSY!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. The break in heat is a great relief. It sounds like you are going to have lots of colour next peony season!

    ReplyDelete