Saturday, June 25, 2011

I Actually get a Vacation! And, I get to spend it at home!!!!!!!!

My last post did not take, excepting for the title. I will try again.
 
My husband and son are at Boy Scout camp for 9 days, and my daughter has to do an enormous amount of school work during the next 5 days or she will not finish high school until the fall.
 
It stopped raining for a bit and so I got in a package of corn. I did not prepare the soil: I just put it in with the watermelons.

Those melons have NOT been coming up properly, so I have reseeded a couple of times. The cold weather probably hurt germination. I see that I have 3 cantelopes (I seeded 8), and a half dozen watermelons that appear to be of 2 different varieties. This makes sense because when the first planting appeared to fail I got an old packet of seeds and I put more in. I also see perhaps 3 volenteer tomatos, one of which is 2 feet tall. And, now I will have Peaches and Cream sweet corn.

I think that I will call that strip my "3 sisters garden", pretend that I did it on purpose, and leave it be!

My Peas are winding down: the next time today that I go out today I think that I will use a dibble and plant bush beans. I have contender bush beans bearing now, and beans are SO! good this year! I have been fixing them like they do on a Chines buffet, more or less. The recipe is below.

Cook the green beans slowly in 1 tablespoon of oil.

Add 1 tablespoon of soy, 1 teaspoon of sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt.

Delicious!

I was supposed to add chili paste but I didn't have any, and the dish was excellent without it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. lol for pretending that you planned the 3-sisters-garden. That sounds like something I would do :-)

    ReplyDelete