Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The greenhouse really heats up on a sunny day!

It is 18 degrees out and, while it is sunny,  there is a sprinkling of snow on the ground. When I went into the greenhouse the heat hit me like a soft, warm pillow.

The plants are now under 2-3 layers of plastic, if you count  both the skin over the greenhouse and the clear plastic tarps that I threw over the plants. The hardiest plants have just one tarp thrown over it but the vegetables have 2.

Today I watered with buckets of warm water, as the plants have gotten way too dry. I kept waiting for a lovely day to water but it never came: it has been overcast and chilly: now it is sunny but cold.

This will be my last entry for a while: I am going to visit family on the coast. I decided that it would be too much to ask for my family to care for the greenhouse, and so I got it as ready as I could to survive for a while without me. Not one of my relatives has any skill with plants: they would either drown them or not cover them properly!

No comments:

Post a Comment