Wednesday, April 4, 2012

They are coming today to give me an opinion of the floor.

Though it might take them a few days to let me know if I have done it well enough: the communication with the sales staff is good but the communication with the people who come out to give estimates is simply NOT! And, us hiring them is not guarenteed. We shall see!

As far as the garden goes, little and often! I watered what was up because we had 4-5 days of 90 degree or hotter weather, and I got some coleus seeds planted in a pot.

On the household front, I think it fairly obvious that my daughter will not be working for me much longer, as she is putting in fewer and fewer hours and calling in sick far too often. I have been encouraging her to put out her application for whatever job comes up. Because summer is almost here there really are several entry-level positions being advertized, and because she is a people person I think that she would be outstanding at them. She is falling into a rut, what with part time school and a job that she does not like, and life is too short for that.

She needs to get out there and do a job that challenges her: no woman who has barely turned 19 is excited by pushing a vacuum cleaner! Accept it, perhaps, but teenagers need more stimulation than that!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. We had some crazy hot weather here too...but I don't trust it. lol I live down across the Mississippi River from St. Louis.

    Been working on our beds, getting things ready for planting and hoping that our fruit trees didn't bloom too early. I have a cherry, 2 peaches, and apple and a [pear. They were all planted 7 years ago, and all except the cherry have fruited well for us since year 2.

    Glad I found your blog. My name is Annie, and I'm at Elegant Blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your daughter does find something more stimulating to do...I never got excited about pushing a vacuum either! lol What did you decide to do with the floor?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, Annie!

    I will stop in and read your blog, by and by!

    As for the floor, it is stripped down to bare plywood. It took 2 weeks to get the materials in, and then they did not order enough so they ordered more, which took 2 weeks, and then 2 boxes were damaged in transit and so they ordered more, which took just ONE week, and I have just been told that the new boxes are ready to be picked up. THEN they will call when they get around to it and make an appointment to actually install the floor.

    You know, I have not been NEARLY sympathetic enough to women who complain about the mess during construction! I never cared about things very much as long as things were tidy. I did not think it would bother me as I have never been particularly house proud...... but I never had a plywood kitchen floor before! It is AWEFULL, And the refrigerator and the china hutch are in the living room, and, and, and!!!!!!!!!!! And it is lasting FOREVER!

    I am fit to be tied!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I will get the flooring tonight after DH drives the pickup home. Or, perhaps, if DD gets the Honda back on time I will drive to town and swap vehicles with him. DD is job hunting after her class today, and I have NO idea when she will be home! And, I do not want her to short herself on the job hunting. It is hard enough to walk into a strange place and ask for a job, without the added stress of thinking that she needs to get the car home! She should take her time and focus on the job at hand!

    So far she has tried La Petite, a couple of grocery stores, and a few odds n' ends.

    ReplyDelete