Saturday, March 31, 2012

It was HOT today!

I was working in the sun, and I did not even notice that I was overheating until, of course, I WAS!

I went in and laid down for a bit, when I got up again I noticed that it was 87 degrees out. I had intended to spend the entire afternoon in the garden, because DH is off this weekend with the scouts and the kids are old enough to heat up leftovers.

Nope. I must have laid down for an hour or two before I felt better. It is obviously too hot outside for me!

My youngest wanted a ride to the library so we swapped favors: He got a ride and near sunset -at which time it was only 82 degrees! he helped me get the seeds into the ground.

Seasons do not WAIT! A lot of seeds need to go in during the relative cool of spring, and it is almost too late to be planting the cauliflowers and such!

Half of the garden is ready to be seeded and we got most of that done. I had INTENDED to make a SMALL garden this year, but I had a lot of half-used  packets of seeds that were just SITTING there and.....

They are planted.

DS got way too many seeds in each hill but I can thin them later. Most of those seed packets are empty, and he did not plant that many hills! He did maybe 20 odd hills, and he had 10 half-used  packets, most of which are now empty.

I will thin, and the garden will be glorious!

2 comments:

  1. Of course the garden will be glorious. Do you have a camera? It would be great to see what comes of your son's hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do I have a camera? Yes.

    Do I know how to download the pictures?

    Um, no.

    It is one of those things that I intend to learn but not right now, LOL!

    ReplyDelete