Thursday, October 25, 2012

It's Fall!

It is cold and rainy here! It was 70 when I got up and I went to the hardware store without a sweater: I *DO* know better this time of year! I half froze when I got out of the pickup! It was 45 degrees out when I got back with the pear tree that I got on sale: It cost just $15! I will have one of the kids plant it this weekend. The ground should be nice and soft after the rain.

I always go over my budget during the fall sales: This week I also got some half-priced daffodil bulbs. I got 250 bulbs for perhaps $20, and who can resist a deal like that??????? Most of them are yellow but about 1/5 of them are white. I have a weakness for that color scheme! Which is good because most of what was left was yellow. That is fine: as I have said I am very fond of the color scheme! I am VERY pleased!

The dog is sleeping next to me on the sofa on my sweater: he has spent most of the last 3 days outside but it is too cold and wet for him today! He does hate the rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment