Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Well, THAT was a week I would not wish to repeat!

A couple of years ago, my son had surgery to correct his scoliosis. OK, fine.

NOT!

He got a raised sore on his back. I put triple Antibiotic cream on it and the swelling went down, but after a couple of days it showed no sign of healing. Less swelling, yes, but that is not the same as healing.

So I called the doctor and had him seen.

They sent him straight to the hospital, and he had surgery the next morning. The funny looking sore was caused by a slow infection in his back along the rods, and it grew until it forced a passage out.

His back has fused because the rods WERE in for 2 years, and, apparently, not using a joint for that long makes it grow together. So, the doctor says he no longer needs them and they have been removed. My son will be on antibiotics for the next 3 months.

So, the homestead has not been worked and the lawn has not been mowed.

No comments:

Post a Comment